[table id=1 /]
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH UNIT
The Environmental Health and Management Unit has the mandate to ensure that all factors that tend to have adverse effects on human health in the environment are brought under control. It therefore behoves the Environmental Health Unit, with support from the Assembly, to ensure that this responsibility is executed in accordance with the Environmental laws.
The purpose of the Environmental Health Unit is to ensure the prevention of any hazard or negative impact the environment may have on man.
The Unit is therefore to assess, correct, control and prevent those factors in the environment which can adversely affect the health of both present and future generations.
The Environmental Health and Management Unit exist to maintain a clean, safe and pleasant environment in all human settlements, to promote the social, economic and physical well being of all sections of the population.
The vision of the Environmental Health Unit is to improve and promote public health standards of all people in the Daffiama Bussei District .
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND MANAGEMENT UNIT
a. THE FRONTLINE OFFICERS
The frontline officers of the Environmental Health and ManagementUnit (EHMU) are responsible for enforcing environmental health standards within the jurisdiction of the the District.
The specific responsibilities of these officers are as follows:
1. Creating and maintaining a database on all premises of environmental importance to the district.
2. Inspection of all premises identified for their state of sanitation and public health e.g. Domiciliary, Health care, Industries, Hospitality industries, Schools, Shops etc to ascertain as to their state of sanitation and necessary action taken for their remedy.
3. Monitoring environmental sanitation facilities and activities.
4. Compilation and reporting of problems requiring inter-sectoral collaboration.
5. Management of complaints.
6. Providing health education and promotion activities.